· Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and financial controls are in place
· Liaising with the Chief Executive and Bookkeeper to ensure that financial information is provided to the Board of Trustees in a clear and comprehensible format
· Ensuring that accounts are scrutinised as required by auditors and liaising with them on behalf of the Board of Trustees and
· Advising the Board of Trustees on the identification and management of significant financial risks to the charity
· Assisting in preparing the financial sections of the Annual Report
Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.
· Ensure the agendas are circulated prior to meetings
· Support the Chair in preparing meeting agendas
· Circulating meeting agendas
· Take minutes of meetings, identifying any action points
· Circulate minutes to all trustees
· Work with the Board of Trustees and key stakeholders to ensure the Bookshop and cooperative is able to meet its strategic objects
· Lead on ensuring our governance documentation are accurate and up to date
· Work with the Chair and Treasure in preparing the annual report
· Work with the board on preparing for the AGM
· Supporting the Bookshop Manager to ensure they have the resources required to fulfil their role
· Plan communication activity
· Prepare and send All Good Bookshop newsletters
· Manage the All Good Bookshop Website
· Manage the All Good Bookshop social media presence
· Chair the Communications subcommittee (if a subcommittee is required)
· Lead on creating an accessible and safe environment in the Bookshop (including the events spaces)
· Engage with the local community to see how we can encourage them to visit the bookshop and use an events space
· Work with the chair to ensure the strategy is inclusive and supports diversity
We’re currently an acting team, comprised of volunteers. Except for the actual shop staff, none of us are getting paid for this – we’re doing it because we believe that Wood Green/Turnpike Lane has lost something important, so we want to build something new.
Stephen Fitzsimons is a man on a mission. His mission is to continue to make this bookshop the best in London. He has worked in the background of The All Good Bookshop for two years before becoming the current General Manager and Vice-Chair of the All Good Bookshop co-operative.
Stephen has a wide background in books and the promotion of books having studied English Literature & Media, worked in Education for years, and written and published some books.
Farouk Sohawon is a local community activist and a retired publisher with over thirty years' experience in the industry. He has always been, unsurprisingly, a passionate advocate of reading and education.
Richard is a highly driven operations professional with over 20 years’ experience working for major international development charities, a world class art gallery and the largest university in Europe. Richard is also a lover of good bookshops and wants share this with the local community.
Ben Sohawon is a local businessman who grew up in and has been a resident of Harringay for nearly forty years. He has grown up surrounded by books, and has even occasionally been accused of reading them.
Chris Brosnahan has 13 years of experience in marketing, communications and social media. He runs the All Good Bookshop writing group (formerly the Big Green Bookshop writing group) which has now been running for 10 years. He also ran the monthly comedy night at the Bookshop over five years.